The Original Yuwie News

The Original Yuwie News - News about Yuwie, the social network that pays you for using it. Open since August 2007.

10/12/2007

Why I did choose Yuwie instead of other networks

Yuwie is very small network when we compare it to it's competitors, MySpace and Facebook – or almost to any other social network around. It's young and nobody has heard of it. But still I prefer it instead of others and I can tell you why.

When the biggest buzz was around MySpace, I took a look to it and I wasn't impressed. I'm a grown up man, father of two teenagers and that is about all of teenagers I can take. Shure they have some older people as members and I know that many times I don't act as most of people acts at my age, but still MySpage was kids stuff to me. I have an account there but I don't use it. I don't even look for referrals from MySpace. They aren't worth of it. IMHO

Then there is Facebook. Facebook is under buzz right now – atleast in my country, Finland, everybody is talking about Facebook and their profile. Some people are really hooked on it! Facebook has games and widget and other cool stuff, but there is one thing that is missing – content. Where is the f***ing content there? There is a big lack of content in Facebook – it's empty! If you can write a blog at Facebook, I just haven't found where I can do it.

To me, Yuwie is different. I have found real people from here and I have become a friend with few. A real friend. Mostly I just like it around here. This is why I choose Yuwie.

OK, there is that money thing too, but money isn't everything. Money is just a nice little extra.

1 Comments:

Blogger C. Wilson said...

Yes I do like Yuwie too. I am also a member of Myspace but I don't go on there. I actually hate Myspace and always have. Everyone was saying it was so great but I never did like it and never went back. What I don't like about Myspace is that the kids on there are too young to be on there in the first place, including my niece, and I have heard about too many people targeting young girls on there. I wish my sister wouldn't let me niece on it but she won't listen. Anyway I just read a blog where people were badmouthing Yuwie and calling us users "Bums" and I left a comment myself saying that I didn't appreciate being called a "bum" just because I like Yuwie more than the rest of the other sites. The person writing the blog wasn't badmouthing Yuwie, he was praising Yuwie. It was some of the people leaving bad comments about Yuwie and it's users. I didn't appreciate it and I told them that. Here's the link if you would like to take a look:

http://pourout.wordpress.com/2007/07/06/yuwiecom/#comment-26995

My comment is all the way at the bottom with the name Sharon.

Anyway I found your blog on Yuwie. A friend on there has it posted on his Yuwie blog. Anyway if you would like to check out my main blog, here's the link:

http://cwilson26.blogspot.com

And here's my Yuwie profile if you would like to be friends on there:

http://ww3.yuwie.com/profile/?id=5921

Great blog by the way. I have bookmarked it! :)

December 23, 2007 at 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home