The Original Yuwie News

The Original Yuwie News - News about Yuwie, the social network that pays you for using it. Open since August 2007.

8/23/2007

No more video section in Yuwie

Yuwie just closed the video section because "people uploaded videos with nudity and other inappropriate content", like Y Guy told it in his message. The main reason was that Yuwie lost few advertiser because of these videos with inappropriate content and loosing advertiser in this situation means quickly goodbye for whole site.

Y Guy said in his message that "there is just no good way to moderate the content in this section", but here is one way to keep it clean: if member uploads inappropriate content, he/she will loose his/hers part of the months revenue, including the referrals part. And after second time he/she will be banned forever and loose all account with the referrals too. Hope that video section will be back with this kind of condition.

Google is quite tight with TOS and they don't let anyone play with them. That's the way it has to be done, because certain type of people just don't know how to behave.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Hi Jude -
Thank you. The first thing I did was to send an invite to everyone on my email list, even the people I didn’t think would be interested in it at all. A few didn’t answer me back, some joined but didn’t do anything else, then I ended up with 3 who were really wanting to do it. They were real go getters and it just took off from there. I did keep in touch with the 3 who wanted to do it and gave them all the clubs to join on Yuwie that talk about getting referrals. And, I make sure to click on their profiles everyday and leave a message. I was able to get a couple of referrals from other forums that I belong to. Now, I have an ad running on clickvoyager and am getting a few signups from it, but they aren’t all keeping active. CV is easy, it is a click exchange so I have it running when I’m doing Yuwie and other things on here.

I think the biggest thing is not to try and decide yourself who will be interested. I just took the plunge and sent it to all my email and I was surprised by the ones who were interested. You can do it, just keep talkiing about it in other forum, and put your ref link in your signature at other forums. And, resend to the ones on your email that haven’t responded yet.

You are really doing good though being on 7th level. That is where I was and then all of a sudden if jumped up to 10th level. You’ll make it soon! Best of Luck.

Sherry

August 23, 2007 at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home